2016 Press Women of Texas
Communications Contest Call for Entries
To: Press Women of Texas Members and All Professional Communicators in Texas
From: Kay Casey, Texas Communications Contest Director
Re: 2016 PWT Communications Contest Call for Entries
Greetings Texas Communicators!
The 2016 Press Women of Texas Communications Contest is now open for entries!
You will find complete information for entering the all-electronic 2016 competition on the Communications Contest pages of the PWT website, presswomenoftexas.org and NFPW website at www.nfpw.org and within the pages of the electronic contest itself.
DEADLINES: You may submit all entries at one time or at various times from now until the contest ends.
ELIGIBILITY: Anyone who is a member of Press Women of Texas or who is a professional communicator and either lives or works in Texas is eligible to enter.
Work published from January 1 through December 31, 2015, is eligible for this year's contest. Anyone who receives a first-place award in the PWT statewide contest will be eligible to enter the NFPW National Communications Contest, providing 2016 NFPW membership dues have been paid.
Members: $10 for each entry.
Non-members: $15 for each entry.
Multiple entries may be made in each category.
Note: If you are not a PWT member but would like to and pay at the member rate, you may join by contacting Kay Casey, Contest Director, P. O. Box 173, Denison, TX 75021, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 903-465-8567.
PWT dues are $14 a year.
ENTER THE CONTEST: Click either of the blue links below for other details about the contest, including:
· Contest Categories and descriptors
· Entry prep tips
Go to the presswomenoftexas.org website for contest info and a link to 2016 Communications Contest
You also may access the 2016 PWT competition through the Contest Page of the NFPW website.
Should this link not be handy when you want to upload your work, just go to www.nfpw.org and click on Competitions. The first link on the Competitions page – NFPW Communications Contest – will take you to the information about the contest as well as a link to the electronic contest.
You are welcome to pass this information and the links along to communications friends and colleagues.
Here are a few tips to give you a running start once you are on the contest Welcome (login) page;
The ENTRANT FORM
· READ THE DIRECTIONS to orient yourself, then click the white REGISTER link in the upper left corner of the contest site.
· Entrant Form (about YOU, not the entry): Enter your email address and click SUBMIT. Note that if you entered the contest last year and you submit the SAME email address you used then, your entrant form should appear with all of the information you provided for the 2015 contest. If any of that information has changed, or if you want the 2016 contest based on a different email address, simply update the email address and any other fields needing new information.
· To put yourself into the contest, click Member or Non-member (If you’re not sure, please write to me at email@example.com and ask before clicking; this choice cannot be changed on the entry form.
· If you are not a member but would like to enter at the member rate, pay dues to join as directed above, and then proceed.
· Choose Texas from the dropdown list of affiliates.
· Finish filling out or making changes to the Entrant Form.
· At the end of the form, enter a username and password. Write them down. Keep them simple and know that the username and password a) are case sensitive; b) can be the same username and password you used last year; can be identical: you could use your initials or something easy to remember; d) you can retrieve them through the contest system (or me) if you forget them.
· Check that you agree to the rules.
· SAVE the Entrant Form.
NAVIGATING THE CONTEST SITE: Anytime you enter the site to submit an entry or to review work you already have entered, type in the username and password, and from the navigation bar that is always visible on the left side of the contest page, choose one of the following:
· ADD ENTRY to get the electronic Entry Form. Read the directions (in red) at the top of the Entry Form. You will see 5 tabs along the top of the form. You MUST click each tab (except for Hard-copy Entries, unless you will be entering an entire newspaper, magazine or book) to complete the entry process. You will click Add Entry to get a new entry form for each separate entry.
· VIEW ENTRIES to see what you have entered, or to make changes to any of your entries (click the title of an entry to go directly to the Entry Form for that entry, and later on to submit the completed entry. Entries are not official until they have been submitted and paid for.
· PAY NOW to pay for your entries. If you will be entering work into the contest over time, you do not need to pay until you have submitted all of your entries. You may pay by credit card or by check (instructions as to where to send the check are on the Pay Now page.
·GET HELP to find answers to questions or help in entering the contest. Click the FAQ or Contact Us tabs on the contest navigation bar. Also, you may contact me at 903-465-8567 (leave message) or firstname.lastname@example.org
I have attached “Steps for Easy Entry into the NFPW Affiliate Communications Contest,” a simple list that you can download, print on a single page, and keep on hand for ready reference.
Good luck and have fun entering the 2016 PWT Communications Contest.